RSM - MetroWest
Serious Math Instruction Your Children Will Love!
In case of class cancellations due to inclement weather, the RSM-MetroWest phone
message will be updated and the cancellation notice
will be posted on the Home Page by 2 PM on weekdays and by 8 AM on weekends.
On this page, you will find our key policies:
Payment Policy >>>
Pick-up and Drop-off Policy >>>
Class Make-up Policy >>>
Separation Policy >>>
General Policies >>>
Questions: contact us any time!
Please consult our Parent Handbook for important information regarding the first day of school, tuition, etc.
Car Pool Release Form >>>
Release Form >>>
Tutoring Application >>>
- This Payment Policy relates to the regular full-year program. If you are looking for the Summer School Payment Policy, please find it here>>>
students, both new and continuing,
including those in tutoring, need to register for every
academic year. The registration fee is due every year for all continuing and new students.
- Securing a place at RSM-MetroWest requires completing one online application per
child and paying the registration fee(s). (See the enrollment page
- Our program is a
year-long program. Once you register
your children, you are responsible for all payments. No
refunds are provided if your child misses a class for any
reason, including illness. We will provide homework if your child has to miss a class. If you choose to withdraw
your child from the program, you can do so with one month written notice (see Separation Policy). If
you later choose to re-enroll your child, a new application
and registration fee will be required.
- For students joing mid-year: Students who join after classes have started are not expected to pay for classes already past. All charges will be prorated based on the number of classes the student is actually registered for. However, the first payment, plus the registration fee, is due upon registration. Subsequent payments will be due on the 1st of the next month (for monthly payment plans) or on January 1st (for semi-annual payment plans).
- All Monthly payment plans require a one-time, non-refundable $45 charge by Smart Tuition
- If your account is more than 1 month overdue, we reserve the right to terminate your child's enrollment.
- The Registration Fee is assessed as follows:
- $100 for students who start in the first semester
- $80 for students who start in the second semester
for students who start after April 1st.
Cancellation of tutoring classes requires at least 24 hours notice. Otherwise, you are responsible for the full amount due for the missed session. For semi-private tutoring, if you cancel the class, it is your responsibility also to notify the other students in the semi-private group regarding cancellation at least 24 hours in advance.
Cancellation of one student will result in cancellation of the entire class, unless the remaining students wish to pay the private tutoring rate. If you fail to notify the other families regarding the cancellation at least 24 hours in advance, you are responsible for the cost of the missed tutoring session.
Students whose accounts are not in good standing will not be eligible for complementary services provided by RSM-MetroWest, including, but not limited to, the following: Homework Help sessions; Competition Preparation Classes; having missed homework emailed or mailed to the home.
The registration fee is applicable to both new students and annual re-enrollment of continuing students. The registration fee is not refundable.
Exceptions: Short 10-session classes such as Chess and Math Challenge classes are not subject to a registration fee, nor are summer classes. The registration fee is also waived for students who are in private teacher tutoring only.
Pick-up and Drop-off Policy
- For the safety of your children please bring your children to class and stay with them until the class starts. RSM-MetroWest is not responsible for children dropped off before the class. At the end of the class, please come to the reception area to pick up your child. Children will not be allowed to leave the building without their parent.
- If you arrange a carpool or have someone else pick up your child, please fill out the form (above) and return the completed form to our office.
- Students must be picked up promptly after the end
of their class. If you are late, our teachers
or office staff will stay with your child until the
child is picked up. However, $1/min charge is applied
to the student’s account for every minute after
the 5 minutes grace period.
Missed Classes and Make-up Policy
- We do not offer make-ups for classes missed for any reason, including illness. Any exceptions must be approved by the Head of School.
- In the case a class is cancelled by the school, as in the case of a snow emergency, a make-up class will be scheduled.
- Parents can terminate a student’s enrollment at
any time for any reason from any of our year-long classes. A one month written notice
of termination is required, and the parents are responsible
for one month payment after the written cancellation notice
is received. The school will refund any
unused portion of the tuition payment after that. However,
the registration fee is not refundable.
- The "one month any time cancellation notice" policy does not apply to the following "short session" classes:
- All Summer school classes. Payment for the summer school is not refundable after two weeks before the first day of the school. See Summer School policies for detail.
- Any of the special 10-session classes such as Chess and Math Challenge. A two-week advance cancellation notice is required for a full refund before the first class starts. No refunds are issued if a withdrawal notice is received after two weeks before the first class date.
- The school can terminate a student’s enrollment
at any time for one of the following reasons:
- The student’s behavior in the class
is found to be consistently disruptive and inappropriate
for a classroom and the student does not respond to teacher’s
requests and warnings to alter such behavior. Parents will
be informed of any incidents of disruptive
or inappropriate behavior.
- The tuition payment is more
than one month overdue.
In case of student termination initiated by the school
any unused portion of the tuition will be refunded;
however the registration fee is not refundable.
- RSM-MetroWest accepts students kindergarten age and up providing
they agree to abide by our rules and policies.
- E-mail is a preferred method of communication with
the school administration; however if you wish, you
can contact the administration during the regular office
hours by phone or in person.
- All announcements (except weather
cancellations) are made via e-mail.
Please make sure you provide your current e-mail
and notify the administration of any changes, and please make sure your e-mail is regularly monitored.
- Weather cancellations will be announced by 2 PM on
weekdays or by 8 AM on weekends on our web
site and as a pre-recorded message on the school’s
phone. Please check the web site or call the school. Please
do not e-mail school administration or the teachers, as you may not get a timely reply. Since our families come from many different towns, conditions on your commute to school may be quite different from what others are experiencing. We will exercise our best judgement and do what is best for the most people. Please use your own discretion if the school has
not been canceled but the roads in your area are in
bad condition.As always, safety first!
- We discourage parents sitting in the classroom during
the lessons as it is disruptive to the class. If you
have a strong reason to request a sit-in, please contact
the school administration before contacting the teacher.
- We encourage parents to discuss their child’s
progress with teachers, but please limit it to the
time before or after class.
- The minimum class size at RSM-MetroWest is 5 students. RSM-MetroWest reserves the right to cancel any class with less than 5 students enrolled.