Payment Policy - School Year September-June
Summer School Payment and Cancellation Policy is here >>
- This Payment Policy relates to the regular full-year program. If you are looking for the Summer School Payment Policy, please find it here.
students, both new and continuing,
including those in tutoring, need to register for every
academic year. The registration fee is due every year for all continuing and new students.
- Securing a place at RSM-MetroWest requires completing one online application per
child and paying the registration fee(s). (See the enrollment page
- Our program is a
year-long program. Once you register
your children, you are responsible for all payments. No
refunds are provided if your child misses a class for any
reason, including illness. We will provide homework if your child has to miss a class. If you choose to withdraw
your child from the program, you can do so with one month written notice (see Separation Policy). If
you later choose to re-enroll your child, a new application
and registration fee will be required.
- For students joining mid-year: Students who join after classes have started are not expected to pay for classes already past. All charges will be prorated based on the number of classes the student is actually registered for. However, the first payment, plus the registration fee, is due upon registration, and prior to the first class. Subsequent payments will be due on the 1st of the next month (for monthly payment plans) or on January 1st (for semi-annual payment plans). Please be aware that our school bills for the coming months, not retroactively. For students join before the start of school in September, the first payment is due by August 1st of that year, and the final payment is due on January 1st (for semi-annual plans) or on April 1st (for monthly payment plans). Therefore, in order to "catch up", students joining mid year must pay the tuition due through the day of enrollment. Please see the details at the bottom of this page for clarification.
- Trial classes are offered under certain conditions and must be approved by one of the senior staff of the school. We prefer to recommend classes based on the results of a placement evaluation and our experience as teachers, however, in special circumstances a child needs to experience the classroom environment first hand before a proper placement can be made. In those circumstances, if parents decide not to enroll after a trial class, then no tuition or fees are requested. If, however, the child enrolls in the trial class or in a different RSM-MetroWest class, then the trial class will be considered the first class, and the account set up and charged accordingly. Only one trial class is allowed.
- Trial classes are not offered for summer school, short term classes and workshops, including, but not limited to: chess, language arts and vacation workshops.
- All Monthly payment plans require a one-time, non-refundable $45 charge by Smart Tuition
- If your account is more than 1 month overdue, we reserve the right to terminate your child's enrollment.
- The Registration Fee is assessed as follows:
- $100 for students who start in the first semester
- $80 for students who start in the second semester
for students who start after April 1st.
Students whose accounts are not in good standing will not be eligible for complementary services provided by RSM-MetroWest, including, but not limited to, the following: Homework Help sessions; Competition Preparation Classes; having missed homework emailed or mailed to the home.
All families are automatically enrolled in the Smart Tuition payment program. Failure to pay tuition by the posted due date will result in a late fee of $55.00. A $25.00 fee will apply for any failed electronic transaction or dishonored check. More information on Smart Tuition can be found here.
The registration fee is applicable to both new students and annual re-enrollment of continuing students. The registration fee is not refundable.
Exceptions: Summer classes and Vacation workshops are not subject to a registration fee.
RSM-MetroWest provides limited one-on-one or semi-private tutoring services.
Tutoring Fees: Private classes with an RSM-MetroWest teacher are $75/hour. Semi-private classes with a teacher (2-4 students) are $45/hour per student. Private classes with a student teacher are $35/hour. Semi-private classes with a student teacher are $20/hour.
Registration fee: Students not currently enrolled in a regular math class must pay the required registration fee before being accepted for tutoring. This fee will be applied to a class registration, if the tutored student enrolls in a regular math class within the same academic year that tutoring took place.
Advanced Payment: Registration fee must be paid before the first tutoring session. Tutoring fees must be paid 4 sessions in advance, unless fewer than 4 sessions have been recommended. In this case all of the recommended sessions must be pre-paid before the first tutoring session. Payment should be made through Smart Tuition in advance of the first class or each 4 session series. Smart Tuition accepts payments online and by phone 24/7.
Cancellations for private tutoring: Cancellation of tutoring sessions requires at least 24 hours written notice by e-mail sent to email@example.com. (Note that the cancellation e-mail must be sent to this e-mail address rather than just to your tutor. You can of course copy the tutor as well. ) If you fail to follow this cancellation protocol, you will be responsible for the full amount due for the missed session. Please note that messages left on the voice mail or communicated to anyone orally do not meet the requirement of providing the 24 hr. cancellation notice.
Cancellations of semi-private tutoring: All requirements of the 24 hour cancellation for private tutoring apply to semi-private tutoring as well. In addition, for semi-private tutoring, if you cancel the class, it is your responsibility also to notify the other students in the semi-private group regarding cancellation at least 24 hours in advance. Cancellation of one student will result in cancellation of the entire class, unless the remaining students wish to pay the private tutoring rate. If you fail to notify the other families regarding the cancellation at least 24 hours in advance, you are responsible for the cost of the missed tutoring session.
Advance schedule and changes in schedule: Due to high demand on our limited private tutoring resources, we require that sessions are scheduled in at least 4 session increments, unless fewer sessions are recommended. Schedule change requests will be handled on a best effort basis. Change requests received less than 24 hours in advance of a session are subject to the 24 hour cancellation requirements.
Summer School Payment and Cancellation Policy
1. Full Summer Tuition payment is due at the time of the Application to reserve your child's seat.
2. If your plans change, a full refund will be provided up to 30 days before the start of the school year. If you withdraw two weeks before the start of Summer School, a late withdrawal fee of $100 will be retained, and the rest of the payment will be returned to you. If you withdraw within two weeks of the start of summer school or later, there will be no refunds.
3. There are no refunds or make-up dates for classes missed for any reason, including illness.
4. If you sign up after Summer School already started, your tuition will be prorated based on the remaining classes from the date of your registration.
5. If you have registered for the summer school, but your payment was not received by July 1st, the non refundable late fee of $55 will be applied to your Smart Account. To avoid accumulation of late fees, please provide the full payment by July 1st. Note, however, that we recommend to submit your tuition fee at the time of the application to reserve the seat, as your summer school seat will not be guaranteed until full summer payment is received.
6. Students registered for summer tutoring only will be charged a non-refundable $100 registration fee. For students continuing on to a school year class, their registration fee will be waived in recognition of this fee paid.
Pick-up and Drop-off Policy
- For the safety of your children please bring your children to class and stay with them until the class starts. RSM-MetroWest is not responsible for children dropped off before the class. At the end of the class, please come to the classroom or to the reception area to pick up your child. Children will not be allowed to leave the building without their parent.
- If you arrange a carpool or have someone else pick up your child, please fill out the form (above) and return the completed form to our office.
- Students must be picked up promptly after the end
of their class. If you are late, our teachers
or office staff will stay with your child until the
child is picked up. However, $1/min. charge is applied
to the student’s account for every minute after
the 5 minutes grace period.
Missed Classes and Make-up Policy
- We do not offer make-ups for classes missed for any reason, including illness. Any exceptions must be approved by the Head of School.
- In the case a class is cancelled by the school, as in the case of a snow emergency, a make-up class will be scheduled.
- Parents can terminate a student’s enrollment at
any time for any reason from any of our year-long classes. A one month written notice
of termination is required, and the parents are responsible
for one month payment after the written cancellation notice
is received. The school will refund any
unused portion of the tuition payment after that. However,
the registration fee is not refundable.
- The "one month any time cancellation notice" policy does not apply to the following "short session" classes:
- All Summer school classes. Payment for the summer school is not refundable after two weeks before the first day of the school. See Summer School policies for detail.
- Any of the special 15-session classes such as Chess. A two-week advance cancellation notice is required for a full refund before the first class starts. No refunds are issued if a withdrawal notice is received after two weeks before the first class date.
- The school can terminate a student’s enrollment
at any time for one of the following reasons:
- The student’s behavior in the class
is found to be consistently disruptive and inappropriate
for a classroom and the student does not respond to teacher’s
requests and warnings to alter such behavior. Parents will
be informed of any incidents of disruptive
or inappropriate behavior.
- The tuition payment is more
than one month overdue.
In case of student termination initiated by the school
any unused portion of the tuition will be refunded;
however the registration fee is not refundable.
- RSM-MetroWest accepts students kindergarten age and up providing
they agree to abide by our rules and policies.
- E-mail is a preferred method of communication with
the school administration; however if you wish, you
can contact the administration during the regular office
hours by phone or in person.
- All announcements (except weather
cancellations) are made via e-mail.
Please make sure you provide your current e-mail
and notify the administration of any changes, and please make sure your e-mail is regularly monitored.
- Weather cancellations will be announced by 2 PM on
weekdays or by 8 AM on weekends on our web
site and as a pre-recorded message on the school’s
phone. Please check the web site or call the school. Please
do not e-mail school administration or the teachers, as you may not get a timely reply. Since our families come from many different towns, conditions on your commute to school may be quite different from what others are experiencing. We will exercise our best judgement and do what is best for the most people. Please use your own discretion if the school has
not been canceled but the roads in your area are in
bad condition. As always, safety first!
- We discourage parents sitting in the classroom during
the lessons as it is disruptive to the class. If you
have a strong reason to request a sit-in, please contact
the school administration before contacting the teacher.
- We encourage parents to discuss their child’s
progress with teachers, but please limit it to the
time before or after class.
- The minimum class size at RSM-MetroWest is 5 students. RSM-MetroWest reserves the right to cancel any class with less than 5 students enrolled.
Details of mid-year enrollment "catch up" payment for monthly payment plans:
For students who attend the full school year, the first payment for a 9-installment “monthly” plan is due on August 1st, and the last one is due on April 1st. When a student joins us after the start of the school year, we expect the payment to "catch up" with the regular schedule, but we do subtract the cost of missed classes. When computing the amount owed, we begin with the total payment that every other student in that class and on the monthly payment plan has already paid, and then subtract the cost of the classes that the new student did not attend. The following charges are, therefore, due upon registration:
1) Registration fee of $100
2) Convenience fee for the monthly payment plan of $45
3) Payments to cover the monthly charge for past months, minus the cost of all classes that the new student did not attend. After this "catch up" payment, the next, regular monthly payment is due on the first of the next month. The last payment is due on April 1st. This is when the last payment of the year is made by all our students.
Details of mid-year enrollment "catch up" payment for semi-annual payment plans:
The approach to determine the amount due is the same as outlined above. When a student joins us after the start of the school year, we expect the payment to "catch up" with the regular schedule, but we do subtract the cost of missed classes. When computing the amount owed, we begin with the total payment that every other student in that class and on the semi-annual payment plan has already paid, and then subtract the cost of the classes that the new student did not attend. The following charges are, therefore, due upon registration:
1) Registration fee of $100
2) Payments to cover the charge for past months, minus the cost of all classes that the new student did not attend. After this "catch up" payment, the next, and final, regular payment is due on January 1st.